# “This Has Got To Be The 4th or 5th Time I’ve Asked# You To Do This. No, Actually, You Asked Me Once”

 “This Has Got To Be The 4th or 5th Time I’ve Asked You To Do This. No, Actually, You Asked Me Once”

82

ADVERTISEMENT

I get it. Boss-people have loads on their minds. Sure, they can forget things or get things wrong, all because of how many plates they are trying to spin at the same time. But sooner or later one (or some) of them will fall down, breaking into a spectacularly incredible amount of bits and pieces.

And then an employee, who was more or less wrongly assessed as being bad at task and time management, will take these shards and have the boss walk on them himself. Figuratively speaking, of course.

More Info: Reddit

Sure, being a boss does mean having a lot on your plate, but that doesn’t excuse you from keeping tabs on everything yourself

Image credits: LinkedIn Sales Navigator (not the actual photo)

Otherwise, your employee might do that for you, and so the next time you go blasting them, they might just prove you wrong. Painfully

24.4M
941
Woman Sees An Email On Her Husband’s iPad About An Apartment They Don’t Have, Drama Ensues (1)
ADVERTISEMENT
Robertas Lisickis

Robertas Lisickis

Writer, BoredPanda staff

Read more »
What do you think ?
sonja_6 avatar
Sonja 1 year ago 

I started to write an email every time I spoke with my bosses and came to an agreement summarising what was agreed upon and asking for confirmation that I got it right and that's what they wanted from me. I also only transmitted any work or information in mail. Whenever they claimed they told me something else or I didn't do as they said I'd pull the mail and be done. Meanwhile I poured most of my energy into job search. They had absolutely nothing on me and couldn't push their own mistakes and failures onto me. Everything had a 'paper'trail. I'm so glad I'm out of there. I still do the mail thing. But my current boss likes it. She sorts it into folders and uses it for her own documentation. She has to document those agreements anyways for her vacation substitute and likes it that she can just copy and paste from my mails.

laura_ketteridge avatar
arthbach 1 year ago 

A good boss is a glorious thing. They help you be better at your job, whilst still keeping within your working hours etc.

Load More Replies...
kathrynbaylis avatar
Kathryn Baylis 1 year ago (edited) 

I see this as the boss trying to make OP’s life miserable so she will quit and he can put the person he wants in the job—-wife, child, other relative, buddy’s kid, mistress, someone he’s trying to impress to get into the pants of, you name it. Of course, he’ll get a much poorer quality of actual work out of his preferred person, but he just won’t care.

kenbeattie avatar
Ken Beattie 1 year ago 

Could be. I wonder though if it's actually a way to head off demands for a raise. "Just look at your last performance review it was awful! Couldn't possibly give you a raise with a review like that!"

idrow avatar
Id row 1 year ago 

I spent my career in corporate IT. No one is irreplaceable. This person is definitely going to find that out sooner or later.

Load More Comments
You May Like
“Gone To The Toilet”: Boss Wants To Track Employees’ Every Minute, They Maliciously Comply
Mantas Kačerauskas
50 Embarrassing Employee-Boss Moments That Were So Bad People Had To Share
Simona Kinderytė
Boss Forces Workers To Take Pics For “Wall Of Shame”, Gets Mad When They Maliciously Comply
Shelly Fourer
Related on Bored Panda
Related on Bored Panda
Trending on Bored Panda
Also on Bored Panda

Post a Comment

0 Comments